Italian language courses
USI Università della Svizzera italiana offers Italian Language courses during both autumn and spring semesters. All of the non Italian-speaking students, researchers and professors are invited to participate free of charge.
The application is online, see link on the top left menu.
The programme is organized in twelve modules:
Intensive courses prior to the semester start (60 hours during two weeks):
- Preparatory intensive course at absolute beginner level A1 (two weeks)
- Preparatory intensive course at elementary level A2 (two weeks)
- Preparatory intensive course at intermediate level B1 (two weeks)
Semestral courses during the semester (two hours per week):
- Absolute Beginners course (A1)
- Beginners 1 course (A1-A2)
- Elementary 2 course (A2)
- Spoken interaction 1 (A2-B1)
- Intermediate 1 course (B1)
- Intermediate 2 course (B1 - B2)
- Spoken interaction 2 (B2 - C1)
- Intermediate - advanced course (B2)
- Advanced course (C1)
Please notice that the course is open to USI's students, researchers and professors only.
Università della Svizzera italiana also offers an official Italian language proficiency test twice a year in cooperatin with Società Dante Alighieri in Italy. The PLIDA Certificate attests competence in Italian as a foreign language according to a scale of six levels. The levels advance from A1 to C2 in progression of difficulty and correspond to the levels established by the Council of Europe. For more information, please visit the webpage: http://www.usi.ch/en/esami_plida.htm.