USI Council and President.
This page is organized in 5 sections. You can select the desired section or wait for the first one. Sections are.
Section 1. USI Council and President.
As the highest academic body, and in conformity with the 1995 University Act, the University Council is responsible for:
- drafting and enforcing the Statute and all general Regulations of the University;
- the fair allocation of funds to the Faculties;
- planning and enacting measures or policies regarding more than one Faculty;
- regulating the appointment procedures of professors, and administrators, and ratifying their employment contracts;
- submitting the University’s Annual Report to the Canton’s Executive, and through it to the Parliament.
Chaired by the President of the University, Professor Piero Martinoli, the Council’s current members include:
- Davide Bassi, Rector, University of Trento
- Manuele Bertoli, Education Minister for Canton Ticino
- Mario Botta, Director, Academy of Architecture, USI
- Marina Cattaruzza, Professor, University of Bern
- Lorenzo Cantoni, Dean, Faculty of Communication Sciences, USI
- Alberto Cotti, President of the SUPSI University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland
- Alfredo Gysi, Chairman of the Foundation for the Lugano Faculties
- Antonio Loprieno, Rector, University of Basel
- Rico Maggi, Dean, Faculty of Economics, USI
- Giorgio Margaritondo, Professor, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
- Piero Martinoli, President of the University
- Anne-Nelly Perret-Clermont, Professor, University of Neuchâtel
- Mauro Pezzé, Dean, Faculty of Informatics, USI
- Jean-Marc Rapp, Professor, University of Lausanne
- Christoph Riedweg, Full professor, University of Zurich
The Council meetings are attended by:
- Sandro Rusconi, Head of the Higher Education Office
- Albino Zgraggen, General Secretary, USI
Section 2. Additional information.
Section 3. Related content.
There is no related content to this topic.
Section 4. Orientation info.
Your are browsing the content University Council and President of the topic About us. You arrived from.