The Research Committee of the UniversitÓ della Svizzera italiana
The Research Committee of Università della Svizzera italiana (USI) is composed as follows:
- a full professor at USI, appointed by the Council as President;
- one full professor for each of the four USI Faculties;
- two to four professors representing the disciplinary areas not covered by USI Faculties and research Institutes; these members are chosen by the University Council;
- a professor, appointed by the President, as Equal Opportunities delegate;
- the chairman of the USI-SUPSI Research Service, who acts as the secretary.
The current members of the Research Committee are the following: Rico Maggi (president), Christoph Frank (Architecture), Filippo Wezel (Economics), Andrea Rocci (Communication Sciences), Antonio Carzaniga (Informatics), Maurizio Molinari (Biology), Laura Pozzi (Gender Service Representative) and Benedetto Lepori (secretary).
The Committee carries out the tasks assigned to research committees by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF). In particular:
- it examines USI doctors' applications for SNSF scholarships for doctoral students (Doc Mobility);
- it examines USI doctors' and doctoral candidates' applications for junior researcher SNSF scholarships (Early Postdoc.Mobility), and allocates them within the limits of the available budget;
- it formulates recommendations concerning doctors' applications for senior researcher SNSF scholarships (Advanced Postdoc.mobility);
- it selects the applications for SNSF program Doc.ch, which provides grants to young students in Social Sciences and Humanities.
Commissione ricerca USI
Servizio Ricerca USI-SUPSI
Via Lambertenghi 10a
Telephone +41 (0)58 666 46 14
Fax +41 (0)58 666 46 19