The idea of Digicamp is a simple one: many USI students have outstanding skills in one particular field of digitalization, from activities at university or their extracurricular experience. This knowledge should be shared.
The USI Digicamp 2023 will take place from April 17 to May 5, 2023.
Founder, USI Digicamp
“With the USI Digicamp we showcase the wealth of capabilities of our students and recognize that teacher and student are mere roles that can be inverted.”
Apply as student/teacher
Do you want to share your knowledge and digital skills with your colleagues and obtain valuable teaching experience at the same time?
After the successful past editions, the USI Digicamp, is launching an open call to USI students for proposing their modules for this year’s edition, which will take place from April 17 to May 5, 2023.
The idea of Digicamp is simple: some USI students have outstanding skills in one particular field of digitalization, from activities at university or their extracurricular experience. This knowledge should be shared. To do so, USI students take the floor and teach a Digicamp module.
We invite individual students or teams of two students from all faculties to propose modules for the USI Digicamp. Digicamp aims at gender parity and particularly invites female students to propose modules.
Topics for Digicamp modules should fit into the broader field of digitalization and its applications, for example: programming, data science, web applications, digital media (images/video/sound), social media, generative AI or the blockchain. Modules consist of 4-6 teaching hours (à 45min), so they should be focused on one skill, topic or specific tool.
Questions? Save the date!
We will answer possible questions in a zoom information event on 22 Feb at 17:00 hrs. Here is the link: https://eu01web.zoom.us/j/66027283941?pwd=K3hIMG5PQ3kyL1J4YjBRQjFIUmw5Zz09
Please submit your proposal by Tuesday, Feb 28 at 23:59hrs to [email protected].
The proposal should contain the following:
- your name(s)
- title of the module
- possible teaching languages (Italian, English or both)
- a short description (max 100 words!)
- your motivation why you are able and why you want to teach this module (max 50-100 words)
Students/teachers will be compensated for their effort and will receive a digital certificate.An introductory seminar on how to teach will be offered on March 17 2023. Participation at this seminar is obligatory for all student/teachers.
Your proposal will be evaluated by the Digicamp team, lead by its founder Peter Gruber. Please send your questions and proposal to [email protected].
The USI Digicamp 2023 will take place from April 17 to May 5, 2023. The definitive program will be published here on March 6, 2023.
- Data and Brains: how data analysis can inform us about how the brain works, Federico Agostinelli
- Linux and Cyber Security Bootcamp, Bansal Himanshu
- Decentralized Finance, Manuel Bonù and Joseph Bianco
- Fundamentals of photography with camera and smartphone, Mattia De Vercelli
- Post production and editing with Lightroom mobile and desktop, Mattia De Vercelli
- Personal knowledge management – building a “second brain”, Federico Donato
- Introduction to R for data visualization, Nour Elhouda Oueslati
- Introduction to Mobile Animation, Maryna Katiukha
- WordPress for beginners – create your own website or blog, Kanella Minakaki
- Introduction to LaTeX, Alberto Movia
- Social media strategy for students, Alice Seffusatti
- Earth Science Data and Analysis with Google Earth Engine, Timothy Simich
- Introduction to Automated Trading using Python, Alexander Vescovi Frölichsthal
- Gephi: A Tool for Network Visualization, Sharon Zeller
The program is aimed at USI and SUPSI students enrolled in the academic year 2022-23. Participation is free of charge. The registration will open in the beginning of march after publication of the definitive program.
Certificate of achievement
All students who participate at an entire module will receive a digital certificate of achievement, which can be posted on social media.
- An Introduction to R, Andreas Passano, Girolamo Vurro e Francesco Lin
- An Introduction to Graphics Design with InDesign, Costanza Giordano ed Emanuele Carcano
- Music Production @ Home, Emanuele Cappai
- Elaborare le foto su Lightroom (only available in Italian), Ilaria Passano
- Develop an e-commerce website with Wordpress, Davide De Filippis
- Scaricare, pulire ed analizzare dati finanziari in R (only available in Italian), Andreas Passano
- Introduction to Python for Data Analysis, Mattia Biancaterra
- Video Editing with Davinci Resolve, Costanza Giordano
- Introduction to Excel for data analysis, Tuomas Joakim Ahonen e Graziano Giuseppe Di Capua
- Designing social media posts with Canva, Graziano Giuseppe Di Capua
- R for finance, Andreas Passano and Gaia Zanellini
- Introduction to Lighroom, Ilaria Passano and Andreas Passano
- Introduction to Python, Loris Fortunato and Riccardo Gatti
- Digital Storytelling, Nour Samir Labib
- Introduction to LaTeX, Alberto Movia
- Data analysis and visualization with Excel, Davide Ghilardi
- Introduction to R for statistical analysis, Davide Ghilardi and Adele Bortoletti
- From foto shoot to lightroom postprocessing, Mattia De Vercelli
- Introduction to Machine Learning, Cristiano Colangelo
- Fake news vs. fact check, Sharon Zeller
- The Logic of digital knowledge, Andrea Lupo
- Creating and trading NFTs, Karin Trovò
- Canva for social media and more, Chika Nwogu-Agbakuru