Fritz Thyssen Foundation - Support for project with Germany
Research and Transfer Service
Submission deadline: 15 September 2021
Submition deadline: 15 September 2021
Fritz Thyssen Foundation support scholar projects focused in the humanities, social science and biomedicine fields. The planned project should be limited in terms of the subject and time.
areas of support
- History, Language & Culture
- The interdisciplinary field “Image–Sound–Language”
- State, Economy and Society
- Medicine and the Natural Sciences
Interdisciplinary projects are also welcomed by the foundation. Funding is basically reserved for projects that are related to the promotion areas of the Foundation and have a clear connection to the German research system. This connection can be established either at a personal level through German scientists working on the project, at an institutional level through non-German scientists being affiliated to German research institutes or through studies on topics related thematically to German research interests.
- Applicants must have a doctoral/post-doctoral degree.
- Junior scholars can apply for their own post within the framework of a Project and thus act as sole applicant. In this case, no additional funds for research assistants can be applied for.
- The applicant must be actively involved in the research work plan for the project. Projects which are solely aimed at completing doctoral dissertations are not supported by the foundation.
- The foundation generally does not accept any applications for projects if applications are being filed with other institutions at the same time to ease the burden on its experts assessing applications. An application that is refused by another institution can be filed with the foundation along with a note explaining why it was refused (s. application form).
The planned project can generally stretch over a working period of up to 3 years. If approved, financial resources are usually provided initially for 2 years; an application for an extension might need to be filed for the final third project year (see deadlines for submission).