SNSF - Swiss Postdoctoral Fellowships
Research and Transfer Service
Submission deadline: 15 December 2021
Submission deadline: 15 December, 2021
The SNSF is offering, on behalf of the government, a transitional measure for researchers who had planned to apply for a fellowship under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships Actions (MSCA). Interested researchers can apply to the SNSF for a postdoctoral fellowship at a Swiss research institution.
- Researchers of any nationality, from all disciplines
- At the time of submission deadline, applicants must hold a PhD to be eligible as postdoctoral researchers. •
- Applicants who have defended their doctoral thesis but not yet formally been awarded the doctoral degree will also be considered postdoctoral researchers and eligible.
- At the time of submission deadline, proposals must be submitted within 8 years after the obtainment of the relevant degree. The relevant date is that of the examination or thesis defence.
- Applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Switzerland for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately prior to the submission deadline
Other SNSF Funding
The applicant may also submit a proposal to another SNSF career funding scheme (e.g. Ambizione)5, provided the formal requirements of the corresponding scheme are also met.
Budget and duration
SNSF Swiss Postdoctoral Fellowships cover the grantee's salary, including social security contributions. Project funds, including research costs directly linked to the implementation of the project, training and networking contributions, are also covered. Project funds must not exceed CHF 24'000 for a two-year grant.
Applicants must pre-register by 15 November 2021 and provide the following information via mySNF (www.mysnf.ch): summary of application, host institution, disciplines and keywords.
For further information please refer to the official Call document or contact Ms. Martina Pestoni.