Innosuisse - Switzerland-Brazil Call 2023
Research and Transfer Service
Submission deadline: 28 June 2023
Submission deadline for Pre-Proposal – 28 June, 2023
Submission deadline for Full Proposal – 30 September 2023
The innovation promotion agency of Brazil (Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa e Inovação Industrial – EMBRAPII) with the support of Apex-Brasil and the Swiss Innovation Agency - Innosuisse announce the 3rd edition of the TechMakers Brazil-Switzerland joint call to fund science-based innovation projects between Switzerland and Brazil.
The joint call 2023 focuses on research and development ranging from experimental proof of concept to technology demonstrated in relevant environment, leading to innovative solutions, which are considerably differentiated from comparable existing solutions in the market in terms of their functions, parameters or other features. They shall provide added economic, societal or environmental values, which have a significant market potential in Brazil and Switzerland.
- The project consortia must include at least one business entity from each country, one research institute accredited by EMBRAPII as “EMBRAPII unit” and one research institute from Switzerland.
- The project should demonstrate a relevant innovation content, added-value and benefit from the bilateral cooperation in both countries. The project must be equally significant to all participants. One country cannot represent more than 70% of the overall project person-months.
- Project Quality
- Project Consortia
- Innovation Degree
- Market Value Creation
- Swiss research partner and Swiss implementation partner share costs of the project by 50:50; Innosuisse may fund the share of the Swiss research partner, i.e. up to 50% of eligible project costs;
- The implementation partner has to cover at least 50% of the project costs from the total project work of the Swiss partners. The implementation partner(s) must also provide a cash contribution to the research partner(s) in the amount of 10% of the requested Innosuisse funding.
- The submission of a pre-proposal is mandatory to be eligible to submit a full-proposal. The deadline for submitting a pre-proposal is 28 June 2023. Partners are invited to present the basic information on innovation content, market potential expertise of involved partners and their impact expectations benefit of the international cooperation and costs of the planned work. Swiss participants have to submit a simplified Innosuisse application, as well as a joint call document. Both documents can be found on the Innosuisse website.
- Partners with a positive assessment will be invited to submit a full-proposal. The request for improvements from the pre-proposal assessment and other feedback must be specifically addressed. In Switzerland, the participants have to submit the Innosuisse application as described on the Innosuisse application platform.