Research and Transfer Service
Submission deadline: 1 September 2021
SNSF Submission deadline: 1 November 2021
USI Internal deadline: 1 September 2021
PRIMA grants are aimed at excellent women researchers who show a high potential for obtaining a professorship. PRIMA grantees conduct an independent research project with their own team at least at the group leader level within a Swiss research institution.
PRIMA grants cover the grantee's salary and project costs for a five-year period. With this competitive grant, PRIMA grantees can carve out a name for themselves and take the next step up the academic career ladder: a professorship. If a PRIMA grantee is appointed as a professor in Switzerland during the funding period, the remaining amount of the PRIMA grant will be transferred to the new place of work as research funds.
- have a doctorate (PhD) or at least 3 years of research activity after obtaining their higher education degree;
- have acquired at least 2 years of research experience after their doctorate or equivalent qualification to a doctorate.
- submit their application between 2 and 10 years after their PhD defense or after the date of the equivalent qualification to a doctorate
Potential candidates fulfilling these requirements who would like to apply for a PRIMA grant at USI should send the following documents to the Research Service ([email protected]) by the 1st of September:
- A complete CV including publication list;
- A statement of their interest for USI, indicating their specific research interests, how they fit into USI scientific profile, and identify the host institute in which they expect to be integrated.
Click here for further information and contact Ms. Janice Casarella.