Energy consumption and emissions
Energy consumption: how can we reduce it?
- Print only if necessary and, when possible, double-sided.
- Use separate waste collection bins (paper, PET, aluminium and glass).
- Turn off the lights and the PC monitor at the end of the day.
- Use recycled paper (avoid new fibre).
- To avoid wasting heat and energy, when it's cold outside, ventilate the room and then close the windows.
The Lazy Person’s Guide to Saving the World is the UN guide that explains how we can safeguard the planet with small acts in our daily lives.
How many CO2 emissions do we produce with our activities?
The first monitoring of CO2 emissions produced by USI was carried out in 2009 (approx. 1'000 tons of CO2). The latest available data (2019) indicate a total consumption of approx. 2'000 tons of CO2 broken down into 44% flights, 27% gas, 19% electricity, 11% paper.
How much paper do we consume at USI?
|Year||Total amount||Total cost (in CHF)|