Job shadowing opportunity at USI with the IT Services
Servizio relazioni internazionali e mobilità
USI’s IT Services is a unique Service with three locations (Lugano Campus, Mendrisio Campus, Bellinzona Campus).
USI’s IT support provides assistance to students, teachers and staff for issues concerning hardware, software, classrooms (simple or conference). Furthermore, it takes care of the maintenance of the machines/PCs (offices, computer rooms). IT support also dedicates time to the development and maintenance of dedicated projects (material inventory, material loans, installations development, telephony, guides, ...). The areas of interventions are very broad and during the course of a regular workday the team is confronted with a number of different issues and challenges within a variety of themes and fields of information technology.
The team would like to welcome one colleague from our partner universities for a job shadowing period, with the goal of sharing practices, discuss common challenges and learn from one another. Participants will have the opportunity to experience different realities of IT support: in Lugano in the generic academic field, in Mendrisio in the field of architecture and in Bellinzona in the field of biomedicine.
Details of the job shadowing offer
Days: maximum 5
Period: June to August or December to February
Language: English or Italian
The programme will include the following activities:
Head office, Lugano Campus:
- knowledge of and familiarity with the Lugano Campus (services, buildings, faculties, offices, campus 2) and the IT offices (front office, back office)
- introduction to working tools and methodology (email, phone, presence)
- printers management
- Library service (cybercafe)
- audio/video/IT classroom, auditorium, aula magna, computer rooms
- introduction and use of platforms (e.g. user management, badge access management, material inventory, material loans, lesson material management, etc.)
- presentation of the machine management system (windows, osx) and installations
- live and experience the daily life and live reality of IT support and projects
- visit of the Mendrisio Campus (Architecture)
- visit of the Bellinzona Campus (Biomedicine)
- a post-work evening to discover the city centre of Lugano (possibly with an aperitif, dinner).
In the framework of the SEMP programme, we would like to remind our colleagues that the candidate will be entitled to CHF 170/day for accommodation and expenses and a maximum of CHF 600 for travel.
Feel free to forward this offer to the IT services of your University. Interested colleagues can apply by sending an email to email@example.com, attaching a 1-page document with a personal presentation (with current position and tasks at home university, and the motivation for coming to USI for the job shadowing week). The IT Services will then select the candidate.