Lega contro il cancro - Call for proposals
Servizio ricerca e trasferimento del sapere
Submission deadline: 31 Gennaio 2022
Submission deadline: 31 January 2021
The Cancer League is dedicated to a world where fewer people get cancer, fewer people suffer and die from the consequences of cancer, more people recover from cancer, and more people and their relatives receive care and treatment at all stages of the disease and at the end of their lives.
The grant aims to support scientific research (industry independent projects) with a thematic reference to cancer.
The Grant Application Portal (GAP) is a web platform designed for the online interaction between applicants, reviewers and the Scientific Office of the aforementioned organizations. Only those grant requests submitted via this platform will be considered for funding.
Duration and fundings:
Applications for funding must be limited to projects lasting no longer than 4 years. A single project may be supported with at most CHF 375 000.-. Yearly budget should not exceed CHF 125 000.-.
- Grant applicants must hold an independent research position at a Swiss research organization. SCL/SCR only supports non-commercial projects.
- Principal applicant meets the following criteria:
- has successfully conducted several years of research and holds an independent position (i.e. runs own laboratory or leads a group of people)
- has been able to secure independent funding in the past
- has several first author publications and at least one peer-reviewed original article as last or corresponding author.
- The principal applicant must be the one who creates the application, but it can be jointly completed by the principal applicant and any co-applicants.
- The application must be written in English and formulated briefly and precisely.
- The application must be cancer related.
- Attachments such as the research plan, CVs, publication lists and detailed financial plans, etc. are to be uploaded to the fields provided.
- A brief and concise description of the significance of the expected project outcome in terms of cancer research and/or cancer control is required.
- 1 signed hardcopy of the online generated application must be mailed (to the address below) within three working days after the deadline.
For further details, please refer to the official website or contact Ms. Janice Casarella.