Novartis Foundation for Medical-Biological Research
Servizio ricerca e trasferimento del sapere
Submission deadline: 15 May, 2021
The Novartis Foundation for Medical-Biological Research funds Research Projects / Research Fellowships in the area of medical-biological research.
The Foundation accepts applications for funding over one year up to a maximum amount of CHF 60’000.00 for:
- Research Projects to be conducted in Switzerland by members of a Swiss university or research institution. Applicants must be senior researchers responsible for the research project (PI).
- A limited number of Research Fellowships at universities / research institutions outside of Switzerland (e.g. postdocs) for advancing the scientific careers of young researchers (PhD / MD) from Swiss universities. The Foundation supports cost of living, housing etc. up to CHF 60’000.00. Research projects at the host university / institution should be funded locally. The Novartis Foundation for Medical-Biological Research only funds a period up to one year of an over one year research stay abroad which is also third party funded. This also applies to extensions of already begun projects.
Grant applications should be submitted electronically in English language according to the following guidelines:
- They should not exceed 10 pages, single-spaced, font size 12.
- Proposals should not be a copy-paste of the SNF grant proposal, but a self-standing outline of the planned research to be performed, in general over a one-year period. If your project exceeds a oneyear period, please enclose information about the funding for the remaining / elapsed timeframe.
- Applications must be submitted by the responsible senior researcher / PI (in case of a Research Project in Switzerland) or by the research fellow (in case of a Research Fellowship outside of Switzerland)