Horizon Europe - MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships
Servizio ricerca e trasferimento del sapere
Submission deadline: 12 Ottobre 2021
Submission deadline: 12 October, 2021
Switzerland is currently considered a non-associated third country to Horizon Europe. As a consequence, Switzerland can participate only as outgoing host institution in MSCA Global Fellowships.
The State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) is currently evaluating possible alternative measures such as parallel schemes with similar funding conditions. Please contact Martina Pestoni for more details.
The objective is to support researchers’ careers and foster excellence in research. The Postdoctoral Fellowships action targets researchers holding a PhD who wish to carry out their research activities abroad, acquire new skills and develop their careers. PFs help researchers gain experience in other countries, disciplines and non-academic sectors.
Who can apply for Postdoctoral Fellowships (PF)?
Interested researchers submit an application together with a host organisation, which can be a university, research institution, business, SME or other organisation based in an EU Member State or Horizon Europe Associated Country. All disciplines are eligible for Postdoctoral Fellowships, including research areas covered by the Euratom Research and Training Programme.
Researchers interested in PFs
- should have a PhD degree at the time of the deadline for applications (or defended their doctoral thesis but who have not yet formally been awarded the doctoral degree)
- must have a maximum of eight years experience in research, from the date of the award of their PhD degree.
- should comply with mobility rules: they must not have resided or carried out their main activity in the country of the beneficiary, or the host organisation for the outgoing phase for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately before the call deadline
Types of Postdoctoral Fellowship
- European Postdoctoral Fellowships. (for Swiss Fellows)
They are open to researchers moving within Europe or coming to Europe from another part of the world to pursue their research career. These fellowships take place in an EU Member State or Horizon Europe Associated Country and can last between 1 and 2 years. Researchers of any nationality can apply.
- Global Postdoctoral Fellowships. (for Swiss host institutions)
They fund the mobility of researchers outside Europe. The fellowship lasts between 2 to 3 years, of which the first 1 to 2 years will be spent in a non-associated Third Country, followed by a mandatory return phase of 1 year to an organisation based in an EU Member State or Horizon Europe Associated Country. Only nationals or long-term residents of the EU Member States or Horizon Europe Associated Countries can apply.
Global PF Functioning
Outgoing phase in Switzerland of 12 to 24 moths, followed by a return phase of 12 months in a host instituion located in the EU.
Funding is based on fixed monthly unit costs, covering the salary of the fellow, mobility and livinf allowances, as well as research costs.
For further information, please visit the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions website or contact us.