Servizio ricerca e trasferimento del sapere
Submission deadline: 1 Marzo 2022
Submission deadline: 1 March, 2022
USI provides support to doctoral students matriculated at the Università della Svizzera italiana who wish to improve their scientific profile by going abroad for a stay of 6-12 months during the PhD.
Financial support covers the additional costs for staying abroad, such as travel and living costs as well as fees for conferences and workshops of up to CHF 20'000. It is not meant to replace the PhD salary.
- applicants must be enrolled as doctoral students at USI but not employed in an ongoing SNSF research project;
- at the time of the submission deadline, applicants have been matriculated as doctoral students at USI for at least twelve months;
- applicants are Swiss nationals / hold a valid Swiss permanent residence or cross-border commuter permit / are married to a Swiss national / co-habit with a Swiss national in a registered partnership;
- the stay abroad must take place within the time-frame of the PhD. Applicants confirm in writing their intention to continue their doctoral studies and obtain their doctorate at USI;
- the selected place of research should not lie in the home country of the applicant (exceptions may be accepted for scientific reasons) and must be different from the place of education (BA and MA in particular).
Applications for USI mobility grants must be submitted to email@example.com using the attached application form. The applications must be completed and submitted electronically by the specified deadline.