This section of the website is dedicated to Research Support and provides USI researchers with:
- Information on all open calls for research projects and information events;
- Specific information on each funding programme for PhD students, postdocs and experienced researchers;
- Support for the preparation of applications;
- Support and advice to write a Data Management Plan;
- Research project administration and financial management;
- Research and Service contracts administration and financial management;
- Technology transfer activities.
This information and support is provided by the Research and Transfer Service of USI (Università della Svizzera italiana), whose mission is to support USI researchers in their scientific activities.
The Research Support hosts the regional Euresearch office.
Focus of the week:
PRIMA and Eccellenza become SNSF Professorial Fellowships
As of 2022, PRIMA and Eccellenza career funding schemes will be merged into a single one, called SNSF Professorial Fellowships. As its predecessors, the new scheme is aimed at outstanding researchers who are on their way to becoming professors.
Nuovo accordo OA Frontiers
A new publishing agreement with the scientific publisher Frontiers has come into force at USI, following those already reached with Elsevier, Springer Nature, Taylor & Francis, Karger, Wiley, SAGE, IEEE, and PLOS.
Revision of the Policy on the management of funded R&D projects
On 24th February 2022, the Rectorate revised the policy on the management of funded R&D projects (“Direttiva sulla gestione dei progetti di ricerca e sviluppo finanziati”).
The new regulation is already in force and it applies to all new funded R&D projects.
Click here to read the updated policy.
Competitive Foundations - Project grants and Fellowships
Do you need funding for your research project? Would you like to receive a fellowship?
Take advantage of the opportunities offered by competitive foundations and find out how to submit your project for funding.