The idea of Digicamp is a simple one: many USI students have outstanding skills in one particular field of digitalization, from activities at university or their extracurricular experience. This knowledge should be shared.
In the first USI Digicamp, 11 students from all faculties of USI offer a total of 17 modules in the wider field of digitalization and its applications: programming, data science, web applications, digital media and social media. Each module consists of 6 to 8 teaching hours and is focused on one skill or specific tool.
The USI Digicamp is part of the USI Summer Campus.
Founder, USI Digicamp
“With the USI Digicamp we showcase the wealth of capabilities of our students and recognize that teacher and student are mere roles that can be inverted.”
- An Introduction to R, Andreas Passano, Girolamo Vurro e Francesco Lin
- An Introduction to Graphics Design with InDesign, Costanza Giordano ed Emanuele Carcano
- Music Production @ Home, Emanuele Cappai
- Elaborare le foto su Lightroom (only available in Italian), Ilaria Passano
- Develop an e-commerce website with Wordpress, Davide De Filippis
- Scaricare, pulire ed analizzare dati finanziari in R (only available in Italian), Andreas Passano
- Introduction to Python for Data Analysis, Mattia Biancaterra
- Video Editing with Davinci Resolve, Costanza Giordano
- Introduction to Excel for data analysis, Tuomas Joakim Ahonen e Graziano Giuseppe Di Capua
- Designing social media posts with Canva, Graziano Giuseppe Di Capua
Certificate of achievement
All students who participate at an entire module will receive a digital certificate of achievement, which can be posted on social media.
Online registration is open until 13 June for all USI students enrolled during the academic year 2020-21.
A CHF 15.00 nominal fee is requested to gain access to all courses and activities offered (please refer to the courses and activities descriptions for any requirements for registration and detailed information). In addition, registered students will receive a welcome package.
Places available for courses and activities are limited to guarantee the quality of the offer. They are organised in full compliance with the Federal, Cantonal, and USI COVID-19 provisions. Some courses and activities may be cancelled should a minimum number of participants not be reached. Thank you for your understanding. The programme lineup will be gradually defined due to the ever-evolving health situation.
Registration for courses and activities will be confirmed to the students by the courses or activities' coordinators/teachers/services in charge, which will be available for any reallocations or changes.