Faculties and Institutes
Institutes are training and research entities supported by a Faculty or several Faculties jointly.
They can be:
- institutes of the University;
- institutes affiliated to the University – subject to the University strategies while maintaining administrative autonomy;
- institutes associated to the University – institutional collaboration between the University and the entity in the areas of interest, not involved in the University strategic planning and maintain administrative autonomy.
All institutes active at USI are listed below.
- Centre for the History of the Alps (LabiSAlp)
- Institute for Economic Research (IRE)
- Institute of Argumentation, Linguistics and Semiotics (IALS)
- Institute of Communication and Health (ICH)
- Institute of Computational Science (ICS)
- Institute of Digital Technologies for Communication (ITDxC)
- Institute of Economics (IdEP)
- Institute of Finance (IFin)
- Institute of Human Medicine (IMU)
- Institute of Italian Studies (ISI)
- Institute of Management and Organisation (IMO)
- Institute of Marketing and Communication Management (IMCA)
- Institute of Media and Journalism (IMeG)
- Institute of Public Communication (ICP)
- Institute of Public Health (IPH)
- Institute of the History and Theory of Art and Architecture (ISA)
- Law Institute (IDUSI)
- Software Institute (SI)
- Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence (IDISIA)
- Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB)
- Institute of Oncology Research (IOR)
- European School for Advanced Studies in Ophtalmology (ESASO)
- Fondazione Sasso Corbaro
- Istituto ricerche solari Locarno (IRSOL)
Specialised sub-units (centres, observatories, laboratories, groups ...) can be created inside or in cooperation between the institutes, with the aim of carrying out specific research projects and/or handling specific aspect of education.