USI key figures: staff
Academic staff includes faculty, researchers, and assistants.
According to the USI Statute, faculty includes:
- Professors (full, associate);
- Assistant professors;
- Lecturers (with annual or semiannual contract);
- Lecturer-researchers (with multi-year contract).
Lecturers and lecturer-researchers may obtain the title of “Adjunct professor”. For the purpose of statistics, the category "Professors" refers to all tenured faculty – full, associate, assistant, and adjunct professors.
According to the USI Statute, the category “Assistants” includes the following:
- assistants (see below);
- clinical practice medical faculty;
- atelier assistant architects;
- research and scientific assistants;
- teaching assistants;
- language lecturers.
There are three categories of assistants: doctoral assistants, post-doctoral assistants, and “Maître-assistant” (assistant lecturer); there are three categories of atelier assistant architects: junior; senior; maître.
Administrative staff refers to services personnel; it includes members in:
- administration offices;
- the university library;