Mission and Vision
Based on the Law that regulates the Università della Svizzera italiana, USI mission consists of:
- providing quality education
- conducting internationally relevant scientific research;
- contributing to the development of the region by enabling the transfer of knowledge, innovation, entrepreneurship and cultural and scientific debate in their areas of competence.
In pursuit of its mission, USI draws inspiration from three main values: quality, openness and responsibility.
USI aspires to become the natural choice for those yearning to grow intellectually, humanly, and responsibly.
USI envisions to be a way for the future and strives to be known as:
- A model employer
- An institution that believes in diversity
- A hub for great talent
- A partner of choice for knowledge transfer
- A knowledge lab
- A place where senses and aesthetics, in addition to logic and reason, are fostered
- A region-wide campus