The ecological transition between digital finance and the energy challenge. Italy and Switzerland, in comparison
Institutional Communication Service
23 January 2023
As part of the "International Festival of Economics," organised by the newspaper Il Sole 24 ore, Università della Svizzera italiana is pleased to host the inaugural event dedicated to ecological transition: the main challenge of the present needed to build a new economic model. The event will be held on Monday, 6 February 2023, at 2 pm in the USI West Campus Auditorium in Lugano, Via Buffi 13.
On this occasion, the business community and the research community will discuss the transformation models that Switzerland and Italy have chosen and are currently implementing, focusing on the implications of digital finance and energy production. The initiative is a collaboration between Il Sole 24 ore, the Italian Embassy in Bern and USI.
To attend in person, please write to [email protected]
The event is free and open to the public.
More information on the programme and how to register can be found at this link.
2 pm Registration
2:30 pm Opening session
- Monica Duca Widmer, President of the USI Council
- Michele Foletti, Mayor of Lugano
- Silvio Mignano, Ambassador of Italy in Switzerland
- Michele Coduri, Minister, Deputy Head of Mission, Swiss Embassy in Rome
- Fabio Tamburini, Director Il Sole 24 Ore
2:45 pm The ecological transition and digital finance
- Barbara Antonioli Mantegazzini, Vice-Director, Institute for Economic Research, USI
- Generoso Chiaradonna, Chief Editor Economy Corriere del Ticino
- Gabriele Corte, General Manager Ceresio Bank
- Massimo Morini, Chief Economist Algorand
- Moderator Luca De Biase, journalist
3:30 pm The ecological transition and energy challenge
- Maurizio Bona, Vice-Chair International Year of Basic Sciences for Sustainable Development
- Stefano Battiston, University of Zurich
- Ilaria Espa, USI
- Ambrogio Fasoli, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne
- Massimo Filippini, Director Centre for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich / USI
- Moderator Nicola Zala, Correspondent RSI, Radiotelevisione svizzera di lingua italiana