Cash or digital? Examples between law and notary, currency and e-government
Institutional Communication Service
Date: 5 December 2023 / 17:30 - 19:30
Auditorium USI Campus Ovest
What effect does digitalisation have in the legal and notary sectors?
How has the experience of users in these areas changed with e-government? And what will be the role of cash payments in an increasingly digital context?
The concept of "materiality" has been the foundation of rights and values for centuries. However, this notion has been challenged with the advent of digitalisation, pushing society into a new dimension. It is imperative that we take a forward-thinking approach to examine current and future trends while also acknowledging our past and origins.
- Simone Albisetti, lawyer and former notary, head of the Records Department of the Justice Division;
- Edoardo Beretta, Adjunct Professor at USI Faculty of Economics
- Roy Garré, judge at the Federal Criminal Court in Bellinzona
- Anna Picco Schwendener, researcher at USI Faculty of Communication, Culture and Society.
- Ilaria Espa, Associate Professor of International Law at USI Faculty of Economics, will moderate the encounter.