Graduation ceremony for 14 communication professionals
Institutional Communication Service
20 November 2017
Fourteen communications professionals received their diplomas on November 18, graduating from the Executive Master of Science in Communications Management at the Faculty of Communication Sciences, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
A global leader in this field, the EMScom program prepares professionals in developing new perspectives in key communication management areas and, beyond that, to contribute to their organizations’ corporate strategy. An essential part of the degree is the real-life consulting projects for companies or institutions. These projects are developed and delivered to the client by a team.
After receiving the diplomas by the Vice-Dean of the Faculty of Communication Sciences, professor Jean-Patrick Villeneuve, and the EMScom Academic Director, Professor Francesco Lurati, the graduates have received an important acknowledgment: the Burson-Marsteller Award for Consulting Excellence.
Burson-Marsteller Award for Consulting Excellence
The team receiving the highest grade is awarded with the Burson-Marsteller Award for Consulting Excellence. Matthias Graf, CEO of Burson-Marsteller Switzerland,presented the award to Sofio Balavadze (Georgia), Milisa Kentane (South Africa), Jan Daniel Mühlethaler (Switzerland), Martin Radtke (Switzerland), Almut Elisabeth Schäfer (Switzerland), Barbara Stoeri (Switzerland) and Florian Zingg (Switzerland).The Issue Management Framework developed by the project group enables the client Swissgrid to conduct structured and interdisciplinary discussions on issues relevant to the company; designed for and with Swissgrid, it lays the foundations for improved internal coordination. The framework can be easily integrated into Swissgrid’s existing corporate processes, allows various instruments to be used to systematically consolidate and ex-change information and to proactively manage the most important topics. This promotes an internal culture based on collaboration between the various business units that the client strives for. The Issue Management Framework directly supports the strategy processes; it helps to see the big picture and exposes not only risks but also opportunities for the national grid company.
The Burson-Marsteller Award for Consulting Excellence recognizes the relevance of a rigorous approach in communication management advising. Recipients of the Burson-Marsteller Award exemplify the excellence for which the EMScom program strives for and the industry standards so highly valued by Burson-Marsteller.
List of graduates with respective position, nationality, company, and country of residence
- Sofio Balavadze, Georgian, Public Relations Director, JSC Bank of Georgia, Georgia
- Divine Bonga, Swiss, PR Manager, Montblanc Suisse SA, Richemont Group, Switzerland
- Miriam Crespo Rodrigo, Swiss/Spanish, Director of Corporate Communications, Gesundheitszentrum Fricktal AG, Switzerland
- Milisa Kentane, South African, Head Corporate Affairs and Communication, Sentech, South Africa
- Grace Achire Labong, Ugandan, Chief Executive Officer, Vantage Communication Group, Uganda
- Jan Daniel Mühlethaler, Swiss, Head of Corporate Communications, Suva, Switzerland
- Simone Nilson, Swiss, Head Executive Events & Hospitality, UBS Switzerland AG, Switzerland
- Adepo Emmanuel Okaalet, Ugandan, Head of Communications, Imalami Communications, Kenya
- Martin Radtke, Swiss, Owner, Radtke Kommunikation, Switzerland
- Almut Elisabeth Schäfer, German, Chief Procurement Officer AXA Switzerland, AXA Versicherungen AG, Switzerland
- Sandra Schär Bellwald, Swiss, Group Marketing Director, USM U. Schaerer Soehne AG, Switzerland
- Barbara Stoeri, Swiss, Media Spokesperson, Swiss Life AG, Switzerland
- Balz M. Villiger, Swiss, Vice President Marketing & Communication, RUAG Defence, Switzerland
- Florian Zingg, Swiss, Head of Group External Communications, Swiss Life AG, Switzerland
About USI and EMScom
The USI Università della Svizzera italiana is part of the Swiss public university system. Founded in 1996, it is distinctive in the Swiss university landscape because of the originality of its degree curricula and the high percentage of international students. USI comprises four main faculties: Economics, Communication Sciences, and Informatics in Lugano, and the School of Architecture in Mendrisio. USI offers a range of executive programs, among those the Executive Master of Science in Communications Management (EMScom).
As a global leader in its field, the EMScom program prepares professionals in developing new perspectives in key communication management areas. Based in Lugano, the EMScom is an intensive part-time program with nine residential sessions spread across eighteen months. To reinforce degree candidates’ international perspective, USI Università della Svizzera italiana cooperates with two renowned business schools: the UCLA Anderson School of Management (Los Angeles) and Singapore Management University (SMU) giving participants a unique opportunity to study side by side with Asian peers.
For more information, please visit the websites: www.usi.chor www.emscom.usi.ch
USI Università della Svizzera italiana
Executive Master of Science in Communications Management
Head of Operations
Tel +41 58 666 46 02