The Long Night of Careers in the name of sustainability
Institutional Communication Service
5 November 2018
The fourth USI Long Night of Careers will be held on November 22. The event will take place simultaneously at 12 universities around Switzerland, with the aim of offering students the chance to focus on their future careers in an innovative and interactive way.
The Long Night is dedicated to students and graduates of Bachelor, Master, and PhD programmes and it is the perfect chance to gather ideas, meet with potential employers, forge contacts, and fine tune application skills, in a casual and friendly environment. This year, the event on Lugano campus will feature over 50 companies and 150 professionals.
USI is concerned about its students’ career and their skills to face current challenges responsibly. This year’s Long night will be in the name of sustainability: a key issue for innovation, which is being address across every field of our economy, and that, will require increasingly specific competences in the future. After a welcome speech from Rector Boas Erez, a round table on the topic will be held with the support of the Swiss Academy of Humanities and Social Sciences from 6 pm in room A21 on Lugano campus featuring:
- Monica Duca Widmer, CEO, EcoRisana and President of USI University Council
- Elia Frapolli, Managing Director, Ticino Turismo
- Antoinette Hunziker-Ebneter, CEO and Founding Partner, Forma Futura Invest e Chairwoman, Cantonal Bank of Berne
- Julian Lings, Manager Sustainability & CSR, The North Face EMEA VF International
- Denise Weger, Corporate Responsibility Manager, Strategic Initiatives, Novartis
- Michael Gibbert, Professor of Marketing and Consumer Behavior, USI (Moderator)
Throughout the evening, students will be able to take part in numerous activities with the guest companies, such as individual meetings with professionals from different roles, CV reviews by corporate HR teams. A number of seminars on career will also be held to help participants prep for a video interview, prepare a resume online and offline to impress recruiters, launch a start-up or pursue a career in a family business, understand the new opportunities in the fields of fashion, finance, technology, and how to seize them.
To view the programme, sign up for the activities and register: www.usi.ch/lnoc