This section of the website is dedicated to Research Support and provides USI researchers with:
- Information on all open calls for research projects and information events;
- Specific information on each funding programme for PhD students, postdocs and experienced researchers;
- Support for the preparation of applications;
- Support and advice to write a Data Management Plan;
- Research project administration;
- Technology transfer activities.
This information and support is provided by the Research and Transfer Service of USI (Università della Svizzera italiana), whose mission is to support USI researchers in their scientific activities.
The service hosts the regional Euresearch office, a non-profit organisation funded by the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) which promotes and facilitates the participation of researchers, organisations and companies in European R&I projects and programmes.
Focus of the week:
BRIDGE Proof of Concept
Deadline: 4 March, 2024
- For Ph.D. students, postdoc students, senior researchers, professors
- Researchers of Swiss federal and cantonal universities
- Research institutions in Switzerland must be accredited by swissuniversities.
- A researcher can apply to this call regardless of their nationalities
- The application must be submitted as an individual, not as part of a group
Funding and Duration
- BRIDGE Proof of Concept:
- Covers PI Salary and costs directly linked to project execution; max. CHF 130,000 per year.
- Funding duration is twelve months, with a possible extension of six months.
- General BRIDGE benefits: Support for participation in Innosuisse’s Start-up Training and Assisted Patent Search scheme.
Letter of intent: 28 February, 2024
Full proposal: 13 May, 2024
- Researchers carrying out research at a Swiss university, federal institute of technology, university of applied sciences and arts, or other research institution as defined by the Federal Act on the Promotion of Research and Innovation;
- Researchers must have the necessary skills to lead a research project independently and manage both the scientific and non-scientific staff.
- Applications can be submitted individually or as part of a small consortium (maximum of three researchers).
- Researchers must be employed by a Swiss research institution with at least a 50% full-time equivalent (FTE) workload for the duration of the project.
Funding and duration
- Projects will be funded for up to four years.
- The maximum total cost must not exceed 850,000 Swiss francs per researcher over this period.
- Funding covers salary costs for project employees and expenses directly related to the project.