This section of the website is dedicated to Research Support and provides USI researchers with:
- Information on all open calls for research projects and information events;
- Specific information on each funding programme for PhD students, postdocs and experienced researchers;
- Support for the preparation of applications;
- Research project administration and financial management;
- Research and Service contracts administration and financial management;
- Technology transfer activities.
This information and support is provided by the Research and Transfer Service of USI (Università della Svizzera italiana), whose mission is to support researchers of both institutions in their scientific activities.
Focus of the week:
SNSF - SPIRIT: Simplified selection process
From 1 February 2021, the SPIRIT programme no longer requires a pre-proposal. Researchers can submit their project proposals directly. The deadline is 2 November every year.
Competitive Foundations - Project grants and Fellowships
Do you need funding for your research project? Would you like to receive a fellowship?
Take advantage of the opportunities offered by competitive foundations and find out how to submit your project for funding.
SNSF - Sinergia
Sinergia promotes interdisciplinary collaboration between 2 to 4 applicants whose project involves breakthrough research. Funding is granted for 1 to 4 years with a budget between CHF 50'000 and CHF 3.2 million. A Sinergia consortium is formed of at least 2 to a maximum of 4 research groups.