Application - Bachelor in Architecture
The candidate must fill out the online application form, attaching the following documents, all in electronic format (pdf):
- qualification submitted as valid for admission (if not yet available, the certificate of attendance of the institute currently attended);
- an authenticated translation into Italian (for all qualifications and documents not in Italian, German, French, Romansh, English, Spanish or Portuguese);
- the student's passport or ID papers.
Candidates without a valid qualification who apply for admission "by portfolio", under the conditions already indicated, must complete the online application form and submit it by April 30:
- Curriculum vitae
- Picture (JPEG format)
- Copy of work certificates
- Letter of motivation
- Copy of passport or ID papers (front and back)
- A portfolio (A4 size) presenting several projects made by the candidate in the course of his/her studies and practice
An applicant whose application “by portfolio” has been accepted for admission to the BSc course must take and pass written tests in Mathematics, History of Art and Architecture, and English, and a personal interview.
The Academy is legally permitted to limit the number of new students to ensure that the capacity of its facilities is not exceeded and teaching standards not impaired, and to maintain a reasonable proportion between students of different origins.
The Academy reserves the right to institute a selective test if the number of applications for admission exceeds the capacity of its facilities.
Applicants will be informed of the result of the application by e-mail.
If applicants are accepted, the acceptance will be formalized by a letter of admission from the Faculty.
Pre-enrolment for the A.Y. 2023/24 must be submitted by the deadlines indicated below, the application form will open on 5 December 2022:
- students with Swiss and EU/EFTA Secondary School leaving Certificate, by 1 June 2023,
- students with Secondary School leaving Certificate not obtained in UE/EFTA countries and students who need a visa, by 30 April 2023.
Late applications may be accepted only if compatible with the capacity of the facilities and the availability of the teaching equipment.
Fraud warning / Security notice
In order to better protect future USI students against potential fraud, we wish to draw attention to fake USI intermediary services and/or misleading advertisements on the Internet, as well as related board and accommodation/matriculation proposals.
USI has no intermediaries whatsoever in these roles.
Enrollment at USI can only occur when applications are validated by its Faculty admission officers or when submitted online - in Italian or in English - via the official website of USI. The latter offers all relevant information on admission requirements, procedures, fees and accommodation: https://www.usi.ch/en.
When in doubt, we strongly recommend:
- To check and verify the identity of the intermediary;
- Not to submit any personal documents or information;
- To pay particular attention to messages written in languages other than Italian or English, which are the only two languages used by USI for all its official communications;
- To be suspicious of any advance payment requests, as USI does not request advance payment of tuition fees and/or rent.
Please report any fake or fraudulent advertisements to USI: [email protected].
USI shall take no responsibility for damages relating to incidents of this kind, to the use of such intermediary services, and to the acceptance of such proposals.