Master in Economics
The MSc in Economics (ME)* is an advanced programme offered by the Faculty of Economics at the Università della Svizzera italiana.
The goal of the Master is to teach students how to analyze economic problems at the national as well as international level and how to identify the most appropriate policy instruments. In a cordial environment and in close interaction with the Faculty, the students will be equipped with the quantitative methods and the analytical tools necessary for a successful career as a professional economist in the private or public sector. To optimally prepare for different career paths, the students have the option to acquire additional programming skills (minor in data science) or additional tools relevant for public policy analysis (minor in public policy). The master will also drive interested students into a Ph.D program.
- Program entirely taught in English, with a strong international orientation,
- International Faculty from USI and abroad,
- Outstanding Career Outcomes,
- Regular guest lectures from leading practitioners,
- Excellent professor-to-student ratio,
- Choice of two minors (Public Policy and Data Science), which allows the students to specialize according to their interests,
- Possibility for a limited number of students to earn a double degree “MSc in Economics” (awarded from Università della Svizzera italiana) and “Laurea Magistrale in Economics and Finance” (awarded from Università di Napoli Federico II).
After the successful completion of the programme, students will be awarded a Master of Science in Economics.
Possibility for a limited number of students to earn a double degree “MSc in Economics” (awarded from Università della Svizzera italiana) and “Laurea Magistrale in Economics and Finance” (awarded from Università di Napoli Federico II).
* Please be aware that the Master in Economics is an evolution of the former Master in Economic Policy.
Students enrolled in the A.Y. 17/18 and 18/19 can refer to this page.