Online graduation ceremony: Bachelor in Economics
Institutional Communication Service
Date: / -
4:50 pm Opening music
5:00 pm Beginning of the ceremony
- Welcome address by the Rector Prof. Boas Erez
- Welcome remarks by the Dean of the Faculty, Prof. Gianluca Colombo
- Presentation by Silvia Invrea, Career and Alumni Service Manager
- Speech by Prof. Nikolaus Beck, Bachelor Director
- Proclamation of diplomas
- EFG Award for the best average in quantitative subjects
- Prize for the centesimo Associazione Bancaria Ticinese (Ticino Banking Association) for the best bachelor GPA
- Students' representative speech
- Closing of the ceremony
The ceremony, led by the presenter Giada Marsadri, is held in Italian and is interactive: new graduates will be connected via webcam. They will take the floor thanks to the TEAMS platform. Families, friends and anyone interested can follow the ceremony in live streaming, accessing through a link that will be provided a few days before the event. Musical interludes by Ticino's band Hotlanta.
Online proclamation ceremonies
Since last spring, the University has adopted all the necessary solutions to give continuity to the students' academic path despite the restrictions due to COVID-19 with, for example, lessons via eLearning, online exams and thesis defences in videoconferencing. The proclamation of diplomas is no exception: USI has decided to offer an interactive online ceremony to celebrate the end of graduates' studies during this period of confinement, which unfortunately does not allow the traditional ceremony in the Aula Magna. USI is aware that the online ceremony cannot fully replace the one in attendance. New graduates and their loved ones are therefore invited to celebrate this important milestone during USI twenty-fifth anniversary (XXV Dies academicus, 8 May 2021, Palazzo dei Congressi, Lugano).
Two different appointments
The ceremonies of the Faculty of Economics have been divided into two groups to ease interaction: Bachelor (3 December, 5 pm, in Italian) and Master (4 December, 5 pm, in English).