Master in Economics
Discover all the details of the Master in Economics, watch the Campus Tour and listen to testimonials from our students and graduates.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us through the form at the bottom of the page or by writing directly to [email protected].
Have you decided?
Career and Alumni Service
Pietro Cesaro, Policy Assistant at European Commission
Deborah Soccal, 2nd year student
Lorenzo Barisone, PhD student at Università della Svizzera italiana
Marta Feller, 1st year student
Elisa Nespoli, Associate Consultant at Delphos
The MSc in Economics (ME) is an advanced programme offered by the Faculty of Economics at the Università della Svizzera italiana.
The goal of the Master is to teach students how to analyze economic problems at the national as well as international level and how to identify the most appropriate policy instruments. In a cordial environment and in close interaction with the Faculty, the students will be equipped with the quantitative methods and the analytical tools necessary for a successful career as a professional economist in the private or public sector. To optimally prepare for different career paths, the students have the option to acquire additional programming skills (minor in data science) or additional tools relevant for public policy analysis (minor in public policy). The master will also drive interested students into a PhD program.
- Program entirely taught in English, with a strong international orientation,
- International Faculty from USI and abroad,
- Outstanding Career Outcomes,
- Regular guest lectures from leading practitioners,
- Excellent professor-to-student ratio,
- Choice of two minors (Public Policy and Data Science), which allows the students to specialize according to their interests,
- Possibility for a limited number of students to earn a double degree “MSc in Economics” (awarded from Università della Svizzera italiana) and “Laurea Magistrale in Economics and Finance” (awarded from Università di Napoli Federico II).