Master in International Tourism
The International Tourism industry urgently needs skilled and creative managers who…
- Understand how to tackle sustainability challenges of tourism and its impact on societies
- Master different ways of critical thinking needed for solving complex problems
- Implement sustainable change integrating the perspectives of local residents, tourists, and service providers
…to create a sustainable future of travel and tourism. Not just in Switzerland, but worldwide.
During your University degree in tourism, would you like to Master…
- Cutting-edge tools to interact successfully in an ever more digital international tourism environment?
- Intercultural competencies that take time to develop but are required for present-day international tourism jobs?
- Unique communication and leadership skills that enable a high-level career in the global tourism market?
Highlights of the USI Master in International Tourism programme in Switzerland:
- Gain practical hands-on experience in tourism already before completing your university degree
Experiential learning in various applied team projects, practical labs, international study trips, international conferences, Study Tour week to a European city destination, tourism internship in Switzerland or abroad, company visits, Tourism Capstone Project
- Sharpen essential multidisciplinary & soft skills
Acquire toolkits of Economics, Communication Sciences, and Management. Specialize yourself during the Minor in eTourism or the Minor in Sustainable Management, tackle food waste in the World Challenges Programme, or study a semester abroad at one of our selected partner universities. Most importantly, you will actively train your intercultural communication and leadership skills every day.
- Grow personally and professionally thanks to direct & individual support
Small intercultural classes (< 30 students), individual attention of professors, support to participate in tourism award competitions, possibility to learn directly from our distinguished International Tourism Alumni in the Tourism Career Lab course, dedicated Career Service
- Develop your talent with our international expert Faculty & leading tourism practitioners from Switzerland and abroad
Tourism professors coming from all over the world to the heart of Europe to teach your courses in Lugano, guest lectures by leading international tourism experts, direct access to the business community of tourism professionals in Switzerland
- Excellent career placement records
92.9% of USI graduates are employed within 1 year after graduation.* The USI Master in International Tourism equips you for a high-level career in management positions within Destination Management & Marketing Organizations; Transportation & Accommodation companies; (online) Tour Operators; (virtual) Event Management & Conferences; Corporate Travel Management; Tourism Research & Consultancy; Governments, NGOs, and Tourism Industry Associations. Get inspired by the Career Stories of our International Tourism Alumni.
The USI Master in International Tourism is deeply involved in the USI UNESCO Chair in ICT to develop and promote Sustainable Tourism in World Heritage Sites – hosted at our university – through teaching, applied research projects, Master thesis opportunities, and internships offered to our Master in International Tourism students.
Become part of our USI Master in International Tourism family to co-create the sustainable future of travel and tourism!
*Source: USI Alumni Placement Survey 2017