MOOCs and auditing courses
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are open courses available online.
USI currently offers the following MOOCs:
- eTourism: Communication Perspectives
- Tourism Management at UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Mario Botta: To Be an Architect
Each Faculty defines, at the beginning of each semester, the courses which are open to auditing students.
Faculties do not issue certificates of attendance unless by special arrangement with relevant home institutions.
In principle, subject to classroom logistics, auditing students may attend courses without admission requisites in the following Bachelor programs (excluding language courses, seminars, design studios and practical exercise classes):
- Architecture (list of courses)
- Italian Language, Literature and Civilisation (list of courses)
- Communication (list of courses)
- Economics (list of courses)
- Informatics (list of courses).
Interested auditing students are required to check in advance that the course(s) of choice is(are) available to them by writing to:
- for the Bachelor in Architecture: [email protected]
- for the Bachelor in Italian Language, Literature and Culture: [email protected]
- for the Bachelor in Communication: [email protected]
- for the Bachelor in Economics: [email protected]
- for the Bachelor in Informatics: [email protected]
Master, Ph.D and Executive courses
Courses offered at USI in the Master’s programs, doctoral schools and Executive programs are not open to auditing students.
Fees and registration
Formal enrolment normally takes place at the start of the semester.
Auditing students are required to pay a fee of:
- CHF 200 for a course of 1.5 ECTS;
- CHF 400 for a course of 3 ECTS;
- CHF 600 for a course of 4,5 ECTS;
- CHF 800 for a course of 6 ECTS.
50% reduced fee for OASI pensioners). Students enrolled in other Swiss universities may attend for free.
To register please fill out the following form: Auditing students registration form
and send it:
- by e-mail to [email protected], or
- by mail to: USI, Via Buffi 13, 6900 Lugano.
Registration is confirmed upon receipt of payment.
The invoice with details of the course(s) and the receipt of payment must be presented in class to the course professor or assistant.