MOOCs and auditing courses
Each Faculty defines, at the beginning of each semester, the courses which are open to auditing students.
Faculties do not issue certificates of attendance unless by special arrangement with relevant home institutions.
In principle, subject to classroom logistics, auditing students may attend courses without admission requisites in the following Bachelor programs (excluding language courses, seminars, design studios and practical exercise classes):
- Architecture (list of courses)
- Italian Language, Literature and Civilisation (list of courses)
- Communication Sciences (list of courses)
- Economics (list of courses)
- Informatics (list of courses).
Interested auditing students are required to check in advance that the course(s) of choice is(are) available to them by writing to:
- for the Bachelor in Architecture: firstname.lastname@example.org
- for the Bachelor in Italian Language, Literature and Culture: email@example.com
- for the Bachelor in Communication Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org
- for the Bachelor in Economics: email@example.com
- for the Bachelor in Informatics: firstname.lastname@example.org
Master, Ph.D and Executive courses
Fees and registration
Formal enrolment normally takes place at the start of the semester.
Auditing students are required to pay a fee of CHF 200 for each course they choose to attend (50% reduced fee for OASI pensioners). Students enrolled in other Swiss universities may attend for free.
To register please fill out the following form: Auditing students registration form
and send it:
- by e-mail to email@example.com, or
- by mail to: USI, Via Buffi 13, 6900 Lugano.
Registration is confirmed upon receipt of payment.
The invoice with details of the course(s) and the receipt of payment must be presented in class to the course professor or assistant.