To submit your application, please refer to the indications for filling out the online form available here: http://application.lu.usi.ch.
Applications can also be submitted with the application form and required paper documents (email or fax submissions will be rejected) to the following address:
Università della Svizzera italiana
Faculty of Communication Sciences
Via G. Buffi 13
The following pieces of documentation have to be sent in paper form:
- The completed application form (you may download it in pdf format)
- Photocopy of past diplomas (Bachelor, licentiate, four-year degree, maturity);
- Official transcript of results of university examinations;
- Certified translation of any diplomas written in a language other than Italian, German, French, English, or Spanish;
- Curriculum vitae (Resume)
- Personal letter of motivation drafted by the candidate;
- Official certification of proficiency in English;
- Photocopy of an identity card or other document;
- Photocopy of residence permit for foreign nationals already domiciled in Switzerland
Photocopy of past degree certificates
Where a candidate has not fulfilled all the requirements for the Bachelor's degree, licentiate or other, copy of the diploma may be sent at a later stage, but in any case no later than the beginning of the matriculation period. If so, please indicate the expected date of the award and enclose an official document issued by the awarding institution confirming these terms.
Letter of motivation
Candidates are required to draft a letter (not more than one page) introducing themselves and explaining their particular interest and reasons for seeking admission to a given Master's degree.
The Lisbon convention regulates the recognition of university degrees between signatory countries and considerably simplifies the administration of admission procedures. For this reason, candidates whose previous degree studies were completed in countries outside this Convention (see list below) are invited to pay an application fee of SFr. 100 accounting for the higher administrative costs of processing more complex files. If the candidate is admitted, the fee will be deducted from the amount of the tuition fee for the first semester. The administrative fee is not refundable in other cases: if admission is not granted, or if the candidate decides to withdraw or fails to matriculate.
Method of payment
The amount of the registration fee may be credited to the following account:
Faculty of Communication Sciences:
Swiss Post, PostFinance, 3030 Berna
IBAN: CH60 0900 0000 6523 6567 9
SWIFT (BIC): POFICHBEXXX
List of Countries that have signed the Lisbon Convention
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Applications will be accepted starting from mid-November.
Application deadline is June 30.
Application deadline for candidates who need a visa is April 30.
Applications received after June 30 are now subject to availability (for Swiss and EU/EFTA candidates only).