To submit your application, please refer to the indications for filling out the online form available here: https://application.usi.ch
Academic Year 2022/23:
- Applications for the Autumn Semester 2022 will be accepted starting from 1 December 2021.
The application deadline is 30 July 2022.
The application deadline for candidates who need a visa is 30 April 2022.
Late applications will be considered only in the case of available places.
The following pieces of documentation have to be uploaded in the online form:
- Copy of past diplomas (Bachelor, licentiate, four-year degree, maturity);
- Official transcript of results of university examinations;
- Certified translation of any diplomas written in a language other than Italian, German, French, English, or Spanish;
- Curriculum vitae (Resume) - in the language of the Master's programme;
- Personal letter of motivation drafted by the candidate - in the language of the Master's programme;
- Official certification of proficiency in English;
- Copy of an identity card or passport;
- Copy of residence permit for foreign nationals already domiciled in Switzerland.
Copy of past degree certificates
Where a candidate has not fulfilled all the requirements for the Bachelor's degree, licentiate or other, a copy of the diploma may be sent at a later stage, but in any case no later than the beginning of the matriculation period. If so, please indicate the expected date of the award and enclose an official document issued by the awarding institution confirming these terms.
Letter of motivation
Candidates are required to draft a letter (not more than one page) introducing themselves and explaining their particular interests and reasons for seeking admission to a given Master's degree.
The Lisbon convention regulates the recognition of university degrees between signatory countries and considerably simplifies the administration of admission procedures. For this reason, candidates whose previous degree studies were completed in countries outside this Convention (see list below) are invited to pay an application fee of SFr. 100 accounting for the higher administrative costs of processing more complex files. If the candidate is admitted, the fee will be deducted from the amount of the tuition fee for the first semester. Payment is made by credit card, before confirming the registration.
The administrative fee is not refundable in other cases: if admission is not granted, or if the candidate decides to withdraw or fails to matriculate.
List of Countries that have signed the Lisbon Convention
Fraud warning / Security notice
In order to better protect future USI students against potential fraud, we wish to draw attention to fake USI intermediary services and/or misleading advertisements on the Internet, as well as related board and accommodation/matriculation proposals.
USI has no intermediaries whatsoever in these roles.
Enrollment at USI can only occur when applications are validated by its Faculty admission officers or when submitted online - in Italian or in English - via the official website of USI. The latter offers all relevant information on admission requirements, procedures, fees and accommodation: https://www.usi.ch/en.
When in doubt, we strongly recommend:
- To check and verify the identity of the intermediary;
- Not to submit any personal documents or information;
- To pay particular attention to messages written in languages other than Italian or English, which are the only two languages used by USI for all its official communications;
- To be suspicious of any advance payment requests, as USI does not request advance payment of tuition fees and/or rent.
Please report any fake or fraudulent advertisements to USI: firstname.lastname@example.org.
USI shall take no responsibility for damages relating to incidents of this kind, to the use of such intermediary services, and to the acceptance of such proposals.