To submit your application, please refer to the indications for filling out the online form available here: http://application.lu.usi.ch.
Applications can also be submitted with the application form and required paper documents (email or fax submissions will be rejected) to the following address:
Università della Svizzera italiana
Faculty of Economics
Via G. Buffi 13
The following pieces of documentation have to be sent in paper form:
- The completed application form;
- Photocopy of past diplomas (Bachelor, licentiate, four-year degree, maturity);
- Official transcript of results of university examinations;
- Certified translation of any diplomas written in a language other than Italian, German, French, English, or Spanish;
- Curriculum vitae (Resume);
- Personal letter of motivation drafted by the candidate (not more than one page);
- Photocopy of an identity card or other document;
- Photocopy of residence permit for foreign nationals already domiciled in Switzerland.
The Lisbon convention regulates the recognition of university degrees between signatory countries and considerably simplifies the administration of admission procedures. For this reason, candidates whose previous degree studies were completed in countries outside this Convention (see list below) are invited to pay an application fee of SFr. 100 accounting for the higher administrative costs of processing more complex files. If the candidate is admitted, the fee will be deducted from the amount of the tuition fee for the first semester. The administrative fee is not refundable in other cases: if admission is not granted, or if the candidate decides to withdraw or fails to matriculate.
Method of payment
The amount of the registration fee may be credited to the following account:
Faculty of Economics
Swiss Post, PostFinance, 3030 Berna
IBAN: CH88 0900 0000 6518 1576 7
SWIFT (BIC): POFICHBEXXX
List of Countries that have signed the Lisbon Convention
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Applications for the Fall Semester will be accepted starting from mid-November.
Application deadline is August 31, 2020.
Application deadline for candidates who need a visa is May 31, 2020.
Late applications will be considered only in case of available places.