To submit your application, please refer to the indications for filling out the online form available here: https://application.usi.ch
Academic Year 2020/21:
- Applications for the Spring Semester 2021 will be accepted starting from 14 September 2020.
Applications will be considered only in case of available places.
The application deadline is 15 January 2021.
The application deadline for candidates who need a visa is 1 November 2020.
Academic Year 2021/22:
- Applications for the Autumn Semester 2021 will be accepted starting from 1 December 2020.
The application deadline is 31 July 2021.
The application deadline for candidates who need a visa is 30 April 2021.
Late applications will be considered only in case of available places.
Please note that we prefer online applications.
Applications to the Master programme can also be submitted with the application form and required paper documents (email or fax submissions will be rejected) to the following address:
Università della Svizzera italiana
Faculty of Informatics
Via G. Buffi 13
Applications by email or by fax are not accepted.
The following pieces of documentation have to be sent in paper form:
- The completed application form (you may download it in pdf format)
- Photocopy of past diplomas (Bachelor, licentiate, four-year degree, maturity);
- Official transcript of results of university examinations;
- Certified translation of any diplomas written in a language other than Italian, German, French, English, or Spanish;
- Curriculum vitae (Resume)
- Personal letter of motivation drafted by the candidate;
- Official certification of proficiency in English;
- Photocopy of an identity card or other document;
- Photocopy of residence permit for foreign nationals already domiciled in Switzerland.
Photocopy of past degree certificates
Where a candidate has not fulfilled all the requirements for the Bachelor's degree, licentiate or other, copy of the diploma may be sent at a later stage, but in any case no later than the beginning of the matriculation period. If so, please indicate the expected date of the award and enclose an official document issued by the awarding institution confirming these terms.
Letter of motivation
Candidates are required to draft a letter (not more than one page) introducing themselves and explaining their particular interest and reasons for seeking admission to a given Master's degree.
The Lisbon convention regulates the recognition of university degrees between signatory countries and considerably simplifies the administration of admission procedures. For this reason, candidates whose previous degree studies were completed in countries outside this Convention (see list below) are invited to pay an application fee of SFr. 100 accounting for the higher administrative costs of processing more complex files. If the candidate is admitted, the fee will be deducted from the amount of the tuition fee for the first semester. The administrative fee is not refundable in other cases: if admission is not granted, or if the candidate decides to withdraw or fails to matriculate.
Method of payment
The amount of the registration fee may be credited to the following account:
Faculty of Informatics:
Swiss Post, PostFinance, 3030 Berna
IBAN: CH82 0900 0000 6515 3098 6
SWIFT (BIC): POFICHBEXXX
List of Countries that have signed the Lisbon Convention
Bosnia and Herzegovina