Online graduation ceremony
Institutional Communication Service
Date: 11 May 2020 / 17:00 - 18:00
- Welcome speech prof. Boas Erez, Rector of USI.
- Welcome address prof. Gianluca Colombo, Dean of the Faculty of Economics
- Keynote speech prof. Paulo Gonçalves, with the presentation of a study on the modelling of the diffusion of COVID-19 in Ticino
- Presentation Alumni Service and Career History
- Awarding of the diplomas
- Thank you speech from the newly graduate spokesperson
The ceremony, led by tv host Giada Marsadri, is interactive: the new graduates will participate via webcam and will take the floor through Skype for business. Relatives, friends and anyone interested, can follow the ceremony in live streaming from a dedicated link https://vimeo.com/416386423.
The first online graduation ceremony in the history of Università della Svizzera italiana
The University has adopted all the needed measures to give continuity to the academic journey of the students despite the restrictions due to COVID-19 with, for example, lessons via eLearning, online exams and the discussion of thesis and PhD dissertations in videoconferencing. The graduation ceremony is not an exception: USI has decided to offer an interactive online ceremony to celebrate the end of the study term during this period of confinement, which unfortunately does not allow the usual ceremony in the Aula magna. USI is aware that the online ceremony cannot fully replace the ceremony on campus. New graduates and their loved ones will therefore be invited to a celebration of this important milestone during the 25th anniversary of the birth of USI (25th Dies academicus, 8 May 2021, Palazzo dei Congressi, Lugano).