Summer School in Palermo - Open call 2022
Institutional Communication Service
8 February 2022
The call for applications is open for the Summer school, organised by Istituto Svizzero, to be held in July 2022 in Palermo, Palazzo Butera. The deadline for applications is 28 February 2022.
As an integrated part of its programme, Istituto Svizzero issues an annual call for applications for Summer Schools hosted at Villa Maraini in Rome. In the summer of 2022, due to scheduled renovations of the premises, the Summer Schools will take place in Palermo, at Palazzo Butera, a prestigious eighteenth-century building overlooking the sea: a unique opportunity for all universities and higher education institutions in Switzerland wishing to address issues related to Sicily and the Mediterranean.
The call for three Summer Schools in July 2022 is open to projects of all disciplines that meet one of the following conditions:
- offer to their participants a new perspective, on Palermo and its cultural heritage, on Sicily, Italy or the Mediterranean;
- promote collaboration between different scientific disciplines (interdisciplinary exchange) or between art and science (transdisciplinary exchange);
Who can participate?
- Swiss universities: master's or PhD students from a Swiss university and partner universities (CH/IT/other)
- Universities of Applied Sciences in Switzerland (UAS): master's students from UAS and partner institutions (CH/IT/other)
- Schools of Teacher Education: Master's students from STE schools and partner institutions (CH/IT/other)
The participation of Italian students and researchers is required.
The application form together with all required attachments should be submitted (in English, French, German or Italian) by 28 February 2022 to the following address: [email protected]
For further information, please refer to the attached call for applications or contact: [email protected]
Istituto Svizzero is a transdisciplinary platform that brings together art and scientific research. Located in Rome, Milan and Palermo, the Institute provides a research platform for exchange that connects the Swiss scientific community with Italy as well as internationally. In addition to its residency programme, the Institute promotes a public line-up of events and innovative projects, experimental practices and academic excellence.