SNSF - Biodiversa+
Research and Transfer Service
Submission deadline: 10 November 2023
Deadline: 9 April, 2024
Pre-proposals deadline: 10 November, 2023
Biodiversa+ is rolling out a new call focused on nature-based solutions. Swiss researchers are encouraged to apply.
Nature-based solutions involve sustainable practices that address societal, economic, and environmental issues while enhancing human well-being and promoting biodiversity.
The project's goal is to support research that deepens understanding of the dynamics of nature-based solutions, exploring their potential benefits for nature, human welfare, and societal change.
- Research must be international and carried out by eligible organizations. Both research entities and private sector (both profit and non-profit) organizations must meet the Funding Organizations' eligibility criteria.
- The project coordinator should be eligible, employed by a qualifying organization, and apply for support from an associated Funding Organization.
- An individual can only serve as a project coordinator for one proposal in this call. However, they can be part of multiple proposals as long as it adheres to their Funding Organization's rules.
- Projects must be transnational, involving research partners from at least three different countries. These partners should be seeking support from a minimum of three different Funding Organizations. The consortium should also include partners from at least two EU Member States or Associated Countries.$
Funding and duration
The project duration is 3 years. The budget assigned by SNSF is 3,714,285 EUR.
Timeline of the call
- Launch of the call: Monday 11 September 2023
- Deadline for pre-proposals submission (mandatory): Friday 10 November 2023, 15:00 CET (local time in Brussels)
- Results of the evaluation of the first step: mid-February 2024
- Deadline for full-proposals submission: Tuesday 09 April 2024, 15:00 CEST (local time in Brussels)
- Final selection of projects for funding: late September 2024
- Start of the projects: between 1 December 2024 and 1 April 2025