Do you want to help reduce traffic, local pollution and the effects of global warming?
Leave the car at home and take public transport!
By leaving your car at home, you will save a significant amount related to maintenance and parking costs without mentioning the enormous savings in terms of energy and harmful emissions (SBB CFF FFS Environmental balancing).
How it works:
Through a company agreement with SSB CFF FFS, USI employees can apply for a convenient "Arcobaleno aziendale" subscription plan. In addition, thanks to the mobility discount offered, they will receive a 40% reduction in the cost of a second class Arcobaleno annual travel pass on the home-work-home route.
The Arcobaleno pass entitles you to use all public transport in the areas defined in the subscription (Comunità tariffale Arcobaleno - Piano delle zone (in Italian only))!
Rates for USI employees:
To calculate the subscription plan costs (without the reduction mentioned above), you can use the Calcolatore (in Italian only) provided by Dipartimento del territorio del Cantone Ticino.
The offer described below is reserved exclusively for employees of Università della Svizzera italiana.
The request processing time is approximately 10 working days.
- Fill in the online form by clicking on >> Order form for an Arcobaleno aziendale pass <<.
- Fill in the fields "Personal contact details of the person travelling". IMPORTANT: enter your home address, an email address that you check regularly, and a personal mobile phone number.
- In the "Work location" field, enter USI Lugano or USI Mendrisio.
- If you are renewing your pass or already have an SBB CFF FFS customer number, please enter the number in the "Customer number" field. If you do not have an SBB CFF FFS customer number, you need to provide a copy of identification (personal identification card).
- Fill in the fields with the home-work route (this information will be checked by Lugano - or Mendrisio - Human Resources Unit) and with possible additional routes (if desired). IMPORTANT: The 40% reduction on the subscription cost applies only and exclusively on the home-work route in second class. Additional and/or first class routes will only benefit from a 15% reduction.
- ---- At the question "Do you have and Order Code?", please select NO. The code must be requested by the Human Resources office who will evaluate the order. ---- IMPORTANT: In the field "Send request to", enter [email protected] (for Lugano employees) or [email protected] (for Mendrisio employees).
- Click on "Send" to complete the request. Human Resources will check your request and forward it to the team at SBB CFF FFS Business Customers Ticino for processing. The travel card will be shortly issued / renewed by SBB CFF FFS. Human Resources will take care of withholding the part of the subscription not subject to reduction from your salary.
Other useful information:
For further information or if you have any questions, please refer to the link in the Quicklinks section or contact one of the following email addresses: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected].