Read and publish agreement with Elsevier
Research and Transfer Service
Swissuniversities has adopted a new pilot agreement with the publishing company Elsevier for research access and Open Access publishing in Switzerland. The agreement starts on 1 January 2020 and lasts at least until 31 December 2023.
In particular, the agreement covers the following:
- All member institutions of Swissuniversities (including USI) have continued access to the Freedom Collection and ScienceDirect, Elsevier’s leading platform of peer-reviewed scholarly literature.
- Researchers have the opportunity to publish gold or hybrid open access articles for free in several journals.
To this purpose, the email address of USI or of an associated institute shall be used during the article submission process. Based on this data, Elsevier will provide the corresponding authors with the relevant publishing options on the Elsevier Open Access platform.
Other publication opportunities
- The SNSF funds publication of Gold Open Access articles related to ongoing or completed SNSF-funded research. Costs for open access publications in closed access journals (hybrid approach) are not covered!
- USI pays for the publication of Gold Open Access articles not related to SNSF-funded research. Costs for open access publications in closed access journals (hybrid approach) are not covered!
- Submission fees for publication in traditional journals are covered by the institute/faculty.
- Green Open Access: after an embargo period you can upload a version of your publication in a public database. The institutional repository for researchers at USI is RERO DOC.
In case of any doubt, please contact the Research Service in advance.