Application - Bachelor in Communication
To submit your application, please refer to the indications for filling out the online form available here: http://application.lu.usi.ch
Applications to the Bachelor programme can also be submitted with the application form and required paper documents (email or fax submissions will be rejected) to the following address:
USI Università della Svizzera italiana
Faculty of Communication, Culture and Society
Via Buffi 13
- the completed application form;
- photocopy of Maturità certificate or of equivalent certificate of secondary education. An official certificate of attendance by the High School or institution may temporarily replace the school-leaving certificate if the candidate has yet to complete the final examinations;
- certified translation of any diploma written in a language other than Italian, German, French, English or Spanish;
- certificate of ex-matriculation for students transferring from other institutions of higher education;
- photocopy of identity card/passport or other proof of identity;
- photocopy of residence permit for foreign nationals already domiciled in Switzerland;
- for foreign students a good command of Italian is required for the Bachelor in Communication (B2 level of the international language certificate's frames).
Candidates who apply as mature students ('special dossier' cases) are expected to enclose a letter of motivation, a curriculum vitae, any certificates testifying training and work periods, and proof of identity.
A limit may legitimately be set to new admissions, on the one hand to guarantee that logistical capacity is not exceeded to the detriment of teaching standards, and on the other to maintain a fair proportion between students of various countries or ethnic origins.
The Lisbon convention regulates the recognition of university degrees between signatory countries and considerably simplifies the administration of admission procedures. For this reason, candidates whose previous degree studies were completed in countries outside this Convention (see list below) are invited to pay an application fee of CHF 100 accounting for the higher administrative costs of processing more complex files. If the candidate is admitted, the fee will be deducted from the amount of the tuition fee for the first semester. The administrative fee is not refundable in other cases: if admission is not granted, or if the candidate decides to withdraw or fails to matriculate.
Method of payment
The amount of the registration fee may be credited to the following account:
Faculty of Communication, Culture and Society
Swiss Post, PostFinance, 3030 Berna
IBAN: CH60 0900 0000 6523 6567 9
SWIFT (BIC): POFICHBEXXX
List of Countries that have signed the Lisbon Convention
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Applications will be accepted from February onwards. The first candidates will receive a reply in the Spring. Candidates who apply from April will receive a response within 2-3 weeks.
Candidates are invited to submit their application by August 31, 2020.
The application deadline for students requiring a visa is May 31, 2020.
Applications sent after the deadline may be accepted if the programme is not yet complete.
Fraud warning / Security notice
In order to better protect future USI students against potential fraud, we wish to draw attention to fake USI intermediary services and/or misleading advertisements on the Internet, as well as related board and accommodation/matriculation proposals.
USI has no intermediaries whatsoever in these roles.
Enrollment at USI can only occur when applications are validated by its Faculty admission officers or when submitted online - in Italian or in English - via the official website of USI. The latter offers all relevant information on admission requirements, procedures, fees and accommodation: http://www.usi.ch/en.
When in doubt, we strongly recommend:
- To check and verify the identity of the intermediary;
- Not to submit any personal documents or information;
- To pay particular attention to messages written in languages other than Italian or English, which are the only two languages used by USI for all its official communications;
- To be suspicious of any advance payment requests, as USI does not request advance payment of tuition fees and/or rent.
Please report any fake or fraudulent advertisements to USI: email@example.com.
USI shall take no responsibility for damages relating to incidents of this kind, to the use of such intermediary services, and to the acceptance of such proposals.