Master in International Tourism
Presentation of the Master in International Tourism
The International Tourism industry needs skilled and creative managers who…
- understand how to tackle sustainability challenges of tourism impacts on societies
- master various ways of critical thinking needed for solving complex problems
- change quickly between perspectives of tourists, residents, and service providers
…to create a sustainable future of travel and tourism.
Would you like to master…
- communication and business skills specifically applied to the international tourism industry?
- cutting-edge tools to successfully interact in an ever more digital tourism environment?
- the intercultural sensitivity needed for a high-level career in the globalized tourism market?
Highlights of the USI Master in International Tourism programme:
- Gain practical hands-on experience in tourism at university level
Various labs, applied team projects, international study trips, participating in international conferences on eTourism and Corporate Travel, Study Tour week to a European city destination, tourism internship, company visits, Tourism Capstone Project
- Sharpen essential interdisciplinary & soft skills
Acquire toolkits of Economics, Communication Sciences, and Management, specialize yourself during your Minor in eTourism or Minor in Sustainable Management, the World Challenges Programme, a semester abroad at one of our selected partner universities, train your intercultural communication skills every day
- Grow personally and professionally thanks to direct & individual support
Small intercultural classes (< 30 students), individual attention of professors, support to participate in tourism award competitions, learn directly from our distinguished International Tourism Alumni in the Tourism Career Lab, dedicated Career Service
- Develop your talent with international expert Faculty & leading tourism practitioners
Tourism professors from all over the world who come to Lugano to teach your courses, guest lectures by leading Swiss and international tourism experts, direct access to the Swiss business community of tourism professionals
- Excellent career placement records
92.9% of USI graduates are employed within 1 year after graduation.* The Master in International Tourism equips you for a high-level career in the International Tourism industry within Destination Management & Marketing Organizations; Transportation & Accommodation companies; (Online) Tour Operators; Event Management & Conferences; Corporate Travel Management; Tourism Research & Consultancy; Governments, NGOs, and Tourism Industry Associations.
Get inspired by the Career Stories of our International Tourism Alumni.
The Master in International Tourism is deeply involved in the UNESCO Chair in ICT to develop and promote Sustainable Tourism in World Heritage Sites – hosted at USI Lugano – through teaching, research projects, internships, and Master thesis opportunities.
Be part of the Master in International Tourism to shape the sustainable future of travel and tourism.
Full tuition scholarship available.
*Source: USI Alumni Placement Survey 2017