Surveys and evaluations
The Quality assurance service is the reference service for the assessments and the dissemination of surveys concerning teaching and services offered.
Specifically, its activities regard to:
- the annual, semi-annual or punctual surveys on the satisfaction of the various user categories at USI: students, academic staff, researchers, administrative staff;
- the teaching evaluation of all courses offered by the five USI faculties at each level (Bachelor, Master, PhD, Lifelong learning) through the use of the dedicated platform (for futher details, see the page Quality of courses in figures).
- USI student satisfaction survey, 05-09.2016 (in Italian)
- USI student satisfaction survey, 05-09.2010 (in Italian)
- USI student satisfaction survey, 04-09.2008 (in Italian)
- USI student satisfaction survey, 05-08.2006 (in Italian)
- USI student satisfaction survey, 07.2004 (in Italian)
Academic staff surveys
The platform used for the course feedback (Blue) provides each USI member involved in the process with an overview of the current tasks to be performed (section "Tasks"). Students will be able to view the list of courses to be evaluated, if active, while teachers will be able to monitor in real time the (anonymous) response rate to the questionnaires and, in the "Reports" section (Current and Archived), view the current and past reports with the results of the feedbacks.
Some useful resources for teachers regarding course feedback are available at the following links:
- System and results (how the course feedback system works and how the results are elaborated)
- Guide for teachers, in Italian (quick guide to making sense of feedback results. The document includes the link to the source text in English)
- Tips for teachers, in Italian (hints to prepare students for course feedbacks. The document includes the link to the source text in English)
In order to have an effective evaluation system, it is essential to be able to correctly define the course-student match that is to know wich course is attended by which student. The USI evaluation system bases the course-student matching on the manual course registration that each student is required to complete by mid-semester. Each student is warmly invited to access the course registration portal and to select the courses that he/she is attending and deselect the ones he/she is not attending.
The reference links, depending on the Faculty of interest, are the following:
- Faculty of Communication, Culture and Society and Faculty of Economics: GESTU;
- Faculty of Informatics: Teaching platform;
- Academy of Architecture: Segreteria virtuale.
To support this course-student matching activity, the relative guides can be consulted following the links below.