Action plan for equal opportunities
USI holds gender equality and non-discrimination among its founding principles (Art. 48 of USI statute).
To implement these principles, the Equal Opportunities Service promotes activities aimed at:
- promoting women's access to tenured-professor ranks;
- encouraging women's academic careers;
- improving work - life balance;
- fostering a culture that upholds equity, inclusion and diversity.
To inform the academic community on equal opportunities topics, the Equal Opportunities Service organises workshops, events and meetings, as well as produces publications and statistics. The Service also provides consultancy to USI students and collaborators on issues within its remit, such as: services and resources for staff and students with children or other care responsibilities; services and resources for staff and students with disabilities and/or chronic illnesses; planning competitive career paths; managing and resolving conflicts or discriminatory situations in the workplace.
Four-year Action Plan
The strategic objectives of equal opportunities are defined in a four-year Action Plan.
The Equal Opportunities Service is the operational entity for the implementation of the Plan. The 2017-2020 Action plan, approved by the Rectorate in September 2016, is divided into the following five main areas:
- Gathering and processing of data on the gender issue
- Equal opportunities for career promotion
- Equal opportunities in selecting a study curriculum and eradicate professional stereotypes
- Information and awareness on issues of gender, equal opportunities and diversity
- Equal opportunities in learning and studying.
For further details, please consult the complete 2017-2020 Action Plan.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the validity of the 2017-2020 Action Plan has been extended until 31 December 2021.