Why should you do this Master?
- MSc in Digital Fashion Communication is a specialization for the present & future: MSc in Digital Fashion Communication is the first digital fashion communication master of its kind in the world. It has been created to fill the existing digital skills gap in fashion business education and to meet the increasing demand for highly trained digital fashion marketers. Don’t take our word for it, look at the numbers. Go to: What is Digital Fashion Communication?
- Study fashion in-depth: In this master, fashion is taken seriously and students are given the opportunity to deepen their understanding of the long-term socio-cultural processes that shape fashion and drive its impact on society. Several courses in the master focus on this key aspect: linking fashion with culture and heritage. See the master's programme in detail.
- USI is a world-renowned centre of digital communication research: With its Institute of Digital Technologies for Communication, USI is at the forefront of the digital communication revolution, researching its impact onto specific sectors like Education, Tourism, Cultural Heritage, and Fashion.
- Employability records: Among the reasons why MSc in Digital Fashion Communication was launched, is the fact that fashion companies are among the top employers of USI grads. In this master, students will be constantly put in contact with industry professionals through guest lectures, company visits, internship opportunities, and study tours in Switzerland, France, Spain and Italy.
- Be part of a Double Master's Degree: Students will spend two semesters (I and II at USI, Switzerland’s most international university, and a semester (III) abroad in Paris (France) at Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne. The fourth semester they will choose whether to stay in Paris or in Lugano. Such an international experience will give them the edge of having direct contact with the French, Italian and Swiss cultures. The French and Italian cultures that created fashion as-we-know-it, and the Swiss culture that promotes and embodies excellence and innovation.
- Ticino, a fashion hub: Ticino is the canton or territorial district in which Lugano is located. Since the 1980s, Ticino has been attracting a large number of international fashion groups because of its strategic position between Milan, one of the fashion capitals of the world, and Zürich, the Swiss innovation centre. There are currently more than 80 fashion companies established in Ticino.