SXS /Movetia grants for internships in Space
SXS Career together with Movetia offer grants within the Swiss-European Mobility Programme for internships in the space field to students enrolled in a University /FH in Switzerland.
In order to be eligible for a SXS Movetia scholarship you need to:
- be a student enrolled, at the time of application, in a UNI/FH Bachelor's and/or Master's or Ph/D’s programme in Switzerland;
- be selected for a full-time internship of a minimum duration of 2 months at ESA or another space institution located outside Switzerland;
- undertake your internship in a country other than your country of residence;
- apply for the scholarship before starting the internship;
Note that grants can be used for internships up to 12 months after graduation (application must however be made during studies).
If you meet the requirements and you scholarship application is accepted, the grant will be:
- monthly grant of CHF 440, calculated on the basis of actual days worked, if the internhsip is in Europe (monthly grant of CHF 500 for internships outside the Europe);
- 80% of the funding awarded at the beginning of the internship;
- the remaining 20% at the end of the internship (within 30 days after finishing the internship, final documents must be submitted to receive the balance);
- Green Travel Top-Up: flat-rate subsidy of CHF 100 for round trip by bus or train (less CO2 emissions than air flight). Proof of travel is required;
In the event of interruption or cancellation of the internship, there is an obligation to return the grant (in whole or in part).
Have you been selected for an internship in space and want to apply for a SXS /Movetia grant? Check the requirements and fill in this form, with all required attachments and forward it to: [email protected]