This section of the website is dedicated to Research Support and provides USI researchers with:
- Information on all open calls for research projects and information events;
- Specific information on each funding programme for PhD students, postdocs and experienced researchers;
- Support for the preparation of applications;
- Project administration and financial management;
- Technology transfer activities.
This information and support is provided by the Research and Transfer Service of USI (Università della Svizzera italiana), whose mission is to support researchers of both institutions in their scientific activities.
Focus of the week:
COST Action - Open Call
COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) is a funding organisation for research and innovation networks.
Actions help connect research initiatives across Europe and beyond and enable researchers and innovators to grow their ideas in any science and technology field by sharing them with their peers. COST Actions are bottom-up networks with a duration of four years that boost research, innovation and careers.
NRP 77 "Digital Transformation": 2nd Call
NRP 77 will investigate the interrelationships and concrete effects of digital transformation in Switzerland. The research programme consists of the following three modules:
- Education, learning and digital change
- Ethics, trustworthiness and governance
- Digital economy and the labour market
Increase your research experience through a stay abroad!
Doc.Mobility and Early Postdoc.Mobility fellowships are designed for doctoral students and early-career postdocs who wish to enhance their scientific profile by working at a research institution abroad.
Check if you are eligible!
Spark: Rapid funding of unconventional ideas
The aim of Spark is to fund the rapid testing or development of new scientific approaches, method, theories, standards, ideas for applications, etc. It is intended for projects that show unconventional thinking and introduce a unique approach. The focus is on promising ideas of high originality.