This section of the website is dedicated to Research Support and provides USI researchers with:
- Information on all open calls for research projects and information events;
- Specific information on each funding programme for PhD students, postdocs and experienced researchers;
- Support for the preparation of applications;
- Research project administration and financial management;
- Research and Service contracts administration and financial management;
- Technology transfer activities.
This information and support is provided by the Research and Transfer Service of USI (Università della Svizzera italiana), whose mission is to support researchers of both institutions in their scientific activities.
The Research Support hosts the regional Euresearch office.
Focus of the week:
Swiss participation to the next calls of the Horizon Europe program
For all calls in 2021, Switzerland is currently considered a non-associated third country to Horizon Europe. Swiss partners can still participate in collaborative projects, with federal funding.
As a consequence, Swiss partners are excluded from monobeneficiary calls, such as ERC grants and some of the Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions.
The State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) is currently evaluating possible alternative measures such as parallel schemes with similar funding conditions.
Have a look at our dedicated page summarizing the main consequences and changes!
Competitive Foundations - Project grants and Fellowships
Do you need funding for your research project? Would you like to receive a fellowship?
Take advantage of the opportunities offered by competitive foundations and find out how to submit your project for funding.