Call for projects on Open Science and Open Research Data
In the context of ongoing initiatives aimed to pursue the national strategies dedicated to Open Science and Open Research Data, USI promotes the present call for projects aimed to fund initiatives related to these two fields.
Open Science and Open Research Data are part of the strategic development of USI, as defined in the Planning for the period 2021-2024.
The call invites projects of any kind with the objective to foster the participation of USI in the development of competences and resources (best practices, tools, platforms, events, initiatives, etc.) that are related to Open Science and Open Research Data. Eligible projects deal with, but are not limited to, the following topics:
- training activities dedicated to OS and ORD, in particular aimed for doctoral students;
- awareness raising events, presentation of instruments and/or platform dedicated to OS and ORD (open scientific collaboration, data repositories, etc.);
- participation to national and international initiatives in the OS and ORD field;
- consideration of practices to develop citizen science (USI “third mandate”);
- development of new systems to foster communication and dissemination of research products (science blog, open labnotes, etc.);
- development of new data management platforms and/or data repositories dedicated to specific disciplines and fields of study.
Projects of different sizes, between CHF 10’000 and 50’000, and of different durations, between 3 and 18 months, can be proposed.
The first call deadline is 1 July 2024.
The project form as well as all the required attachments must be sent to [email protected].