BRIDGE Proof of Concept
Servizio ricerca e trasferimento del sapere
Submission deadline: 5 Giugno 2023
Submission deadline: 5 June 2023
BRIDGE is a joint programme conducted by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) and Innosuisse – the Swiss Innovation Agency. It offers two funding opportunities at the intersection of basic research and science-based innovation, Proof of Concept and Discovery.
BRIDGE Proof of Concept helps young researchers to apply their research results and gain the confidence needed to make a market entry. The projects may target innovations of all kinds from all research areas.
Eligibility, funding and duration
You can apply for a BRIDGE Proof of Concept project regardless of discipline if you meet the following criteria:
- Your institution has assured you of their support for the duration of the project.
- You have gained research experience while studying for your bachelor's or master's degree, which you obtained no more than four years ago or
- you are on course to complete your doctoral studies within the next six months or less, or
- you are a working as a postdoctoral researcher, having obtained your doctorate no more than four years ago.
- You submit your proposal as an individual and not as part of a group.
The scheme covers the PI Salary and any costs that are directly linked to the execution of the project; max. CHF 130,000 per year.
It provides funding for a twelve-month period, and it may be extended once for a maximum of six months.