Newton International Fellowships
Servizio ricerca e trasferimento del sapere
Submission deadline: 28 Marzo 2023
Submission deadline: 28 March, 2023
UK and Switzerland signed a Memorandum of Understanding deepening the relationship between the two countries’ world-leading research and innovation communities.
The Newton International Fellowship programme is part of delivery on the ambition to strenghten the links between these research communities.
This scheme is jointly run by the British Academy and the Royal Society and provides 3 years of funding to international researchers who will conduct their research in a UK host organisation (university or research institute).
- applicants' research must be within the remit of natural sciences ;
- applicants must have a PhD;
- applicants have no more than 7 years of active full time postdoctoral experience at the time of application;
- applicants have to work outside the UK and not not hold a UK citizenship.
Funding and duration
The fellowship will start between October 2023 and March 2024.
Applicants are permitted to apply for up to £350,000 (approx.390.000 CHF). This is a maximum value over three years, covering:
- basic salary as set by the host institution and associated on-costs;
- research expenses;
- relocation and visa costs for Newton International Fellows and their dependents (partner and children);
- estate costs and indirect costs
Applications for the natural and physical sciences should be submitted through the Royal Society’s grants management system Flexi-Grant® ( see the page Making a grant application)
For more info: [email protected] and [email protected]