Coronavirus: EU ongoing projects updates
Servizio ricerca e trasferimento del sapere
14 Aprile 2020
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the implementation of ongoing grants might face delays and other difficulties. The Commission is aware of this situation and it is putting in place a series of measures to help beneficiaries during this critical period.
- Cost eligibility (travel conference, project meetings, cancelled but cost already incurred): these costs will be eligible, provided they fulfil the general eligibility conditions.
- Remote working: teleworking costs will be accepted as eligible under the confinement period.
- Shift of action tasks: action tasks where physical presence is needed (e.g. experiments/lab) may be postponed after confinement measures are over. Costs will still be eligible for the work carried out under the action even if such shifting deviates from the initial timing set out in Annex 1.
- Time sheets (reporting of working hours): electronic approval will be accepted for the period of the crisis if electronic signature is not possible. Time sheets need to be filled out and signed by the team member as usual; an electronic version of the timesheets (scan or photo) can be sent by e-mail to the supervisor who approves them by e-mail. The electronic approval will be uploaded together with the original timesheets at the time of reportig.
- Extensions: it will be possible to request an extension of up to 6 months of the project duration due to the Covid-19 situation.
- Submission scientific reports: flexibility will be given on scheduled due dates for deliverables, milestones and reports. For scientific reports, it will be possible to submit a shorter narrative part of the report. The remaining documents may be submitted at the next reporting period. The financial reports preparation is guaranteed and done by SRIT as usual (please contact Mr. Milan Savic for any question related to financial reporting).
Regularly updated Frequently Asked Questions related to project implementation during the Covid-19 crisis are published on the EU website.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you face one or more problems related to your project implementation.